What is Breast Augmentation or what is Breast Augmentation Surgery or what is Breast Enlargement or Breast Implant Surgery?
It is a surgical procedure to increase the fullness and change the size of the breasts. This involves using fat transfer or implants placements. Therefore, if you are looking for Breast Augmentation in Ahmedabad or Breast Enlargement Ahmedabad or Breast Implant Surgery in Ahmedabad, you are at the right place. Dr. Kedarnath Pandya is an aesthetic cosmetic surgeon who will guide you and provide you with the right solutions for Breast Augmentation surgery.
Let’s see what are the pre-operative steps that need to be followed if you are undergoing Breast Augmentation surgery.
Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery or Breast Implant Surgery:
- You should not have any dental procedures for at least six months after the Breast Implant/Augmentation surgery. Therefore, schedule all your dental procedures prior to the breast enlargement surgery.
- Smoking is a BIG NO! You should avoid any kind of hukkah or smoking for at least one month before the breast implant and two weeks after the surgery. Smoking can lead to infections and would damage the healing process.
- Nicotine gums should also be topped at least two weeks before going got breast augmentation surgery and for at least five days after the surgery.
- Fish oil, vitamin E, aspirin, ibuprofen and other medicines having these constituents should be avoided for at least 14 days prior to breast implant and 48 hours after the surgery.
- Antibacterial soap should be used to take the shower the night before and in the morning. Your chest and underarms need to be cleaned thoroughly. Your hair needs to washed the night before going for the breast implant. Deodorant, powder or any lotion should not be applied.
- No jewellery or nail polish should be worn. All body piercing needs to be removed and we might need to clip the sculptured nails for monitoring purposes.
- You should eat and drink water or have any other thing at least 6 hours before surgery, Instruction would be given for this on the call.
On the day of Breast Implant Surgery or Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Your anaesthesiologist will assess and evaluate you for final fitness before the breast implant or breast augmentation surgery and give a go ahead.
- It is almost two to three hours of procedure and after surgery, you are shifted to the recovery room to rest for one to two hours till your condition is stable. Once, your condition is checked by the cosmetic surgeon and found to be stable, you shall be discharged to go home.