Look Gorgeous, Feel Great and Breathe freely with Rhinoplasty at Mayfair Advanced Aesthetic Surgery Clinic at Ahmedabad!
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, more commonly known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure which helps in re-shaping the nose or altering its appearance. This surgery is performed by a plastic surgeon.
Nose is the focal point of one’s face that plays a very important role in the physical appearance of people. People who are not happy with the shape of their nose and have breathing problem can undergo Rhinoplasty. This surgery can correct various concerns like a bump on the nasal bridge, an enlarged nasal tip, a crooked nose, or asymmetry due to a previous injury.
Rhinoplasty is the most common cosmetic surgical procedure which is performed all over the world.
Types of Rhinoplasty:
There are many types of Rhinoplasty. People might need one or more than one depending on their individual needs:
- Augmentation Rhinoplasty
In Augmentation Rhinoplasty, a material is required to augment the nose to improve its appearance and to balance it with other facial attributes. This Augmentation is important for both functional parameters and aesthetic looks. This procedure is frequently combined with other grafting and suturing techniques to enhance the look of nasal dorsal contour and to improve the projection of the tip.
- Reduction Rhinoplasty
Reduction Rhinoplasty is a nose re-sizing technique which helps in reducing the overall size of the nose or reducing the size of a specific area of the nose. In this procedure, the cartilage or bone is removed to get the desired shape of the nose.
- Revision Rhinoplasty ( Second Rhinoplasty)
Revision Rhinoplasty can be a more complicated surgery compared to the primary
Rhinoplasty. This surgery really needs a surgeon who has a sophisticated understanding of the nose structure and the techniques of the surgery. The Revision Rhinoplasty is different for everyone depending on their problems. Problems can occur in the different areas of the nose. This surgery is customized to address the specific concerns.
- Nose Tip Plasty ( Also known as Nasal Tip Plasty or Tip Plasty)
Nose Tip Plasty is a procedure of giving a definite structure to a big or fat nose. With this surgery, the tip of the nose could be sculpted aesthetically enhancing the overall look of the face. Nose Tip Plasty or Nasal Tip Plasty is also performed on a narrow nose tip, thus raising the high points. Recovery time is shorter in this surgery as the entire procedure is limited to the nose tip.
- Alar Plasty / Alar Reduction
Alar Plasty or Alar Reduction is a plastic surgery procedure in which the shape of the nostrils is narrowed by removing the wedge of the wing of the nose. The width of the nostrils can also be increased using Alarplasty.
- Nose Hump Reduction
Nose Hump Reduction is among the common things which people want to get addressed during their Rhinoplasty. These nasal humps can be in various sizes and can be easily corrected by Rhinoplasty.
- Post Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity
Post Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity is a unique challenge to the surgeons for various reasons. First, Cleft lip varies widely which requires a surgeon’s mastery over many surgical techniques. Second, surgical correction could be very difficult based on the severity of the deformity. Third, there could be many scar tissues in the subject area due to previous surgeries which might become difficult to dissect. Fourth, the timing of cleft lip repair cannot be confirmed.
Common reasons for having Rhinoplasty:
- For reducing overall width of the nose
- For changing the overall shape of the nose
- To reduce the base of the nose
- To improve breathing
- Refining a large, bulbous or boxy tip
- Drooping tip correction
- Dorsal Hump Reduction
- Increase the length of nose
- Correcting Injury or fracture caused nose deformation
- Deviated septum correction
How to choose a Rhinoplasty surgeon?
To obtain the best Rhinoplasty results, finding best Rhinoplasty surgeon is essential.
- See your Doctor’s credentials – It is very important to find a surgeon who understands both, the functional aspects and also the aesthetic (cosmetic) aspects of nasal surgery.
- Choose a surgeon who specializes in Nasal surgery- To get predictive results in Rhinoplasty, it takes considerable experience and training.
- View the Rhinoplasty Before & After results.
- Try not to cut the cost while searching for a good Rhinoplasty surgeon.
- Schedule a quality First Consultation.
Quality First Consultation is the basis of a successful Rhinoplasty surgery. During the first consultation, the patient should discuss all the concerns in the context of the nose.
We at Mayfair Advanced Aesthetic Surgery Clinic, always have a deep discussion regarding every aspect of your nose. Dr. Pandya shall assist you in preparing a list of all the things which you dislike about your nose and want to be corrected or changed. You can also come up with your specific photos and show us exactly what you do not like about your nose.
We will study your medical history to understand your past and current medical conditions as these answers would greatly impact your Rhinoplasty surgery results.
We at Mayfair Advanced Aesthetic Surgery Clinic, make sure to pay special attention to smallest of the details for the great results.
Can Septum or Airway be fixed at the same time as cosmetic Rhinoplasty?
Yes definitely. Cosmetic Rhinoplasty can fix the septum or airway along with the aesthetic alteration of your nose. That is, it can treat both, the functional and physical appearance of the nose. The airway or Septum being the utmost important things should be fixed at the same time of your surgery. Dr. Pandya, a board certified plastic surgeon will evaluate and examine your septum and turbinates and also check for internal and external valve collapse.
- Walking the day of surgery is recommended.
- Sleep with the head of the bed elevated to minimize swelling.
- Avoid lifting heavy things.
- Avoid straining of the stool.
- Keep the nasal splint dry at all times.
- Take sponge bath or shower 24 hours after surgery.
- Avoid exercise for at least 6 weeks after the surgery.
- You make do light activities after around 3 weeks after surgery.
- You may resume working after around 2 weeks after the surgery depending on the activities involved in your work.
- You may see the final result after a primary Rhinoplasty after around 1 year. This time may vary from patient to patient.